Monday, October 3, 2011

Dsquared2 Squared Up Milan

Dsquared2 showed their Spring 2012 RTW Collection in Milan. The two Canadian brothers kept their tradition of provocative "Born in Canada, living in London, Made in Italy" alive while focusing on America. Their collection evoked American Tourist traveling abroad, it sort of reminds of Brad Paisley's song "American Saturday Night."

Without being too drastic, the punkish Barbie emerged while strutting down a runway of mud. The punk Barbie is a combo of hobo chic with fringe, denim, and fur with southern cowboy through plaid while remain true to the Spring 2012 color blocking. And, don't forget about the rain boots and Heineken beer bottles to round out the around the world trip in about 34 outfits.

I wish I could pull off even half of these outfits:


This one is my fave!








Dsquared2 is definitely on my radar and a duo that I want to continue to follow perhaps even draw inspiration from. I designed a collection based upon my 3 month stay in Paris, this collection brings it full circle. I might even push my collection further by expanding and challenging the norms of American and Parisian dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment