Saturday, October 1, 2011

CVS Coupon Trip 9/26

CVS is one of my favorite places to coupon. Before couponing, I hardly ever purchased food or health & beauty products, it was strictly prescriptions and the occasional greeting card. Since I started couponing in June, my shopping habits have changed. My first few CVS coupon trips I would do multiple transactions rolling Extra Care Bucks into the next one. Since I am a non-cash carrying person, I hated putting small amounts on my debit card. Therefore, I have changed my strategy, I lump it all into one transaction. Without initial ECBs the savings do not seem that great. It is the whole mantra that you need to spend money to save money. Ergo, after that initial transaction couponing at CVS has been fantastic. My trip on Sept. 26th was a goodie. I saved 91% not including the ECBs I received for my purchase (I count them when I use them, not when I get them). What did I buy you ask?

2- 15oz Softsoap Body Washes (A recent fave product of mine so yippie!) on sale: $3.00 each
1- Schick Quatro 4 ct refills- on sale: $8.99
1- Olay 2/1 Facial Cleansing Cloths- on sale: $3.99
2- Excedrin Migraine 8ct- on sale: $0.99 each
2- Zyrtec Allergy 3ct- clearance to $0.99 each
1- Nyquil/DayQuil Combo- clearance to $3.32

I had $9 in coupons and $12.99 in ECB that I redeemed. My total out of pocket including tax was $4.54 (not a bad price for the medicine alone). The Zyrtec and Nyquil/Dayquil were not my list of items to get but I always carry my coupons and check clearance at stores to get max savings. For example, I had an additional $1.00 off coupon for the Nyquil/Dayquil resulting in an oop price of $2.32, which was a fantastic deal especially because I have been suffering from a cold all week.

Let me know if you have any super coupon deals or even just a great clearance find!

Happy Couponing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment