Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cork Board Gets a Face Lift

I was cleaning and dusting my room today. I decided it was time to de-clutter my life of childhood/teenage paraphernalia and that included my cork board. I was probably around the age of 11 when I first covered my cork board with fabric. I was into a rainbow glitter at the time. After 11 years it was time for the cork board to get a face lift. I was first removing old items, including a collage of *NSYNC picture clippings when the hook came of the wall. I guess it was the board telling me it was time. I ripped off all the old fabric, ribbon, and accessories. After about an hour of work, ta-da! A new board!

How did I do this you say? I cut a piece of fabric slightly larger than the board. I have bins and bins of fabric so I pulled a cute calico from one of them. If you need to buy some fabric around 1/2 yard should do it depending on the size of your cork board. I first stapled the fabric to the right side of the board at the intersection with the frame. Next, I flipped the board over, wrapped the fabric around and secured it with hot glue. I also stapled the fabric to the back as well for extra security. I hot glued some trim to cover the staples, added some lace, and buttons. I hung the board up using command picture hanger strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment