Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


As a sewer, I can never throw away scraps of fabric. I keep them in a bag thinking that one day I will reuse them. I have been trying to come up with innovative and practical ideas. Well, I found one! A reusable snack bag. I did not have to buy any materials for this project, I had them all already.


Snack Bag Materials


For my materials I used:

-Vinyl: you can find in the home decor section of fabric stores and usually can find remnants
-Scrap Fabric
-Velcro
-Buttons
-Ribbon







I hand sewed the buttons onto the fabric in a cute arrangement. Then I folded down the top edge of the fabric and sewed the vinyl to the top edge. I separated the hook and loop sides of the Velcro, then sewed it to top edge. I did not like how the stitching was visible on the right side of the fabric so I used ironed a piece of ribbon to the fabric with stitch witchery.


Finished Product :)


Sew up the sides, bottom, and turn right side out. Viola! A reusable snack bag in a cute pattern. It is almost too cute for snacks. It could also be used as a cosmetic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment