Monday, January 30, 2012

Crepe Night!

I love crepes! Even more since I lived in Paris for 3 months. These delicious treats are super easy to make. Crepes are perfect for sweet and savory appetites. Add Nutella, strawberries, bananas or even apples for a sweet dessert. Savory crepes are just as tantalizing. Crack an egg over one and add some cheese, ham, and tomatoes and yummy yummy in my tummy.

For this crepe night I decided to slather pastry cream in between layers of crepes. After I made a crepe stack I covered it in granulated sugar and put it under the boiler until the sugar caramelized.


Crepe batter, is it similar to pancake batter but much runnier



Pre-oven: layers of pastry cream and crepes

Post Oven: Sugar is caramelized and the stack fell over slightly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment