Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 4: No Power but still Couponing!

Today is the fourth day that I have no power at home. Saturday night the Northeast got hit with a wicked snow storm causing more than 800,000 homes to be without power. Fortunately, at my house we have gas hot water and a gas cook top. We are still able to to cook hot meals and take hot showers. Using firewood from trees that have fallen down, out fireplace is being used to its full potential. The only downside for my family is that my mom's bakery has no power. As of day four, 94% of my town is without power, BUT the center of town has generator power therefore I have work. I am very lucky that I can go to work, have heat, and electricity because without, I would not be able to write this blog post.

Despite the troubles I have still found a way to coupon this week at CVS. There is a CVS in the center of town that still has power. Hooray! Sunday night I made my list the 'old fashioned' way with the newspaper ad, my coupon binders and a pad of paper: no online forum to help this week! It did not take as long as I anticipated and still turned out great. This week I tried the spend $30 (pre coupon) on selected products and receive a $10 gift card. This was not hard because it included staples such as toilet paper, paper towel, and batteries. I actually spent $45 pre-coupon (I received a CVS coupon for Covergirl Lipgloss so I stacked it with a manufacturers coupon). Therefore, yesterday I went back to spend the last $15 towards a second gift card and used the first one to help pay for it.

I left work early yesterday so that I could shower before it got too dark. However, before I did so, I went around and took pictures of the aftermath. Note that all these pictures are within a 1/2 mile radius of my house.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment