Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Knit and Woven Spring Tunic

I have had this floral polyester fabric remnant for quite some time. I was drawn to the print but just could not decide what to do with it. I was going through my bag of rags plastic tub and found the red knit fabric. Ding! I will make a tunic that has a waistline seam. I had just enough of the red fabric for the bodice and sleeves. I also had just enough of the floral for the skirt. I had a stash of red taped metal zippers that I snatched up on clearance. I found a silver teeth one and tried my hand at an exposed zipper. I have never applied a zipper this way and it was quite interesting.

I decided to add a belt for extra oomph




I was surprised with the outcome. I tried it one just for ha-ha's to see if it would fit. Wouldn't you know, it fit and it was a perfect tunic length for my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment