Monday, December 12, 2011

The Weekly CVS Coupon Trip

If you have not already guessed, I love to coupon at CVS. I did my weekly trip this morning and even surprised myself. Last minute changes and additional items helped make this one a goody. My key to a good coupon trip is to write down everything you plan on getting, plus the quantity and size, and what coupons you plan to use with each item. I also bring my coupon binders with me in case I see a special clearance deal. I did my couponing in 2 transactions (reason being was I got half way through my first transaction and noticed I missed getting 2 items and on my way to get them I spotted a clearance deal of 50% off unscented Secret Deodorant.

Transaction #1
1- Nabisco Wheat Thin 10 oz
1- Nabisco Triscut 9.5oz
2- Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste 4oz
1- Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste .8oz
1- CVS Brand Red Fish (I have gummy vodka and like to soak gummies in it for an "adult" treat
1- Olay Wet Cloths
1- Blistex Mint
1- Blistex Medex
1- Listerine Cool mint 1 ltr
1- Centrum Pronutrient Fruit & Veggie 50 ct
1- Centrum Pronutrient Omega 50 ct
2- Rimmel Moisture Cream Lip Gloss
1- Lumene cleansing cloths 10 ct

Total after coupons, previously earned Extra Care Bucks and tax : $4.52

(I also qualified for a free $10 gift card when you spend $30 on certain items, I always get a CVS gift card that I use on my next couponing trip)

Transaction #2

2- Secret Flawless Unscented Deodorants
1- Nature made Vitamin E 200IU
1-Nature Made Chewable Vitamin C 60 ct

Total after tax, coupons, and ECB: $5.21

Shopping Trip total out of pocket expense (oop): $9.73 (my goal was to spend less than $20)

Total Savings: 105.82

Savings Percentage: 91.6%

I shocked myself because I was able to get vitamins and supplements while staying under my coupon budget.

Do you coupon?
Where do you like to shop?
What are your most prized unexpected finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment